We’re hiring! | Communications Director
The River Alliance of Wisconsin seeks a talented communications professional committed to
clean water for all. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Director will
set and guide strategy for all communications, outreach and public relations activities to
amplify the voices of members across Wisconsin. This critical teammate will work with
development and program staff to identify, create, and employ strategies, messages and
tactics that expand our influence and impact.
Essential Professional and Personal Qualifications
● Strong commitment to water conservation and environmental protection.
● Compelling storytelling ability, reflected by a body of work created by the candidate.
● Experience managing dynamic web pages in WordPress, email campaigns using EveryAction and social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
● Demonstrated success managing the brand identity of a mission-based organization.
● Examples of effective relationship management with new and traditional news sources including stories they placed.
● Disciplined approach to continuous validation and improvement based on data and metrics.
● Possesses a background in communications, journalism, or marketing.
● A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion principles.
● Willingness to laugh out loud and have fun.
● Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan and budget.
● Lead the generation of online content that engages audiences and leads to measurable action.
● Use a range of tools to build awareness around and advocacy for fresh water protection.
● Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral.
● Manage all media contacts and track narratives relevant to River Alliance work.
● Develop partnerships to advance the objectives of the River Alliance.
● Other duties as assigned.
This position is full time (32 hours/week) and based in Madison, WI. Due to COVID-19,
the ability to work from home is required and there is access to a shared office space in
Madison. Salary between $55,000-$65,000/year, depending on experience. Includes a
comprehensive benefits package, an energetic work environment, and the chance to
associate with passionate board members, staff and advocates committed to clean fresh
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and a short writing sample to
[email protected] with the title “Communications Director Search.” Applications
can be submitted by U.S.
Mail to: Communications Director Search, River Alliance of Wisconsin, 345 W Washington, STE 304 Madison, WI 53703.
DEADLINE: May 7, 2021
No calls, please.
River Alliance of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive,
equitable, and supportive working environment in which everyone is respected for their
unique experiences and perspectives.