Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Statement on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- River Alliance believes that environmental justice and social justice, like the waters we protect, are connected.
- River Alliance of Wisconsin embraces, values and respects all the ways people are unique, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, gender identity, mental/physical ability, religion, and age.
- River Alliance continuously works to become an organization that reflects the full spectrum of our partners, members and communities.
- River Alliance celebrates diversity and prioritizes equity to empower all people to protect and restore water.
- River Alliance measures itself against specific diversity and inclusion goals and shares our progress to hold ourselves and our partners accountable.
- River Alliance plays a key role to help watershed groups across Wisconsin elevate indigenous, Black and immigrant leaders in particular.
- We believe that building a diverse team is vital to protect the rich cultural heritage of water in Wisconsin and a stronger organization.
- We insist on a workplace where anyone can lead. Team members are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
- We trust the process of growth and understand the water will be choppy. River Alliance is committed to empower all people to protect and restore water.
How River Alliance is taking action:
- Formal training for board and staff on inclusion best practices.
- Integrating concrete DEI objectives in strategic plan.
- Modernizing internal operations to eliminate bias.