We’re hiring! | Finance and Operations Manager
River Alliance of Wisconsin seeks a talented financial administration professional to turn our passion for water conservation into actionable, and financially sustainable programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Operations Manager leads accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, internal auditing and financial record-keeping activities. The role also manages payroll and benefits administration, oversees organizational facility needs, and coordinates business administration functions.
River Alliance of Wisconsin is a statewide nonprofit organization that has empowered people to protect and restore their waters for almost 30 years.
Essential Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Experience in business administration, finance, accounting and human resources.
- Ability to manage finances using nonprofit accounting practices.
- History of effective relationship management with vendors and partners.
- Detail oriented, with a disciplined approach and commitment to data accuracy.
- Commitment to water conservation and environmental protection.
- Willingness to laugh out loud and have fun.
- Process invoices, pay bills, manage accounts receivable, prepare and deliver bank deposits, reconcile accounts.
- Manage HR, including employee recordkeeping, payroll, and benefits.
- Enter donations into Quickbooks.
- Run semi-monthly payroll, prepare annual W2 forms and vendor 1099s.
- Lead preparation of organization’s annual budget and annual audit.
- Manage financial transactions, including cost allocations
- Provide financial support for grant applications and reporting.
- Prepare financial reports for funders, the Board of Directors, and the annual report.
- Manage vendor relationships across programs and operations.
- Sort and distribute the mail; order supplies
- Assist with office tasks related to general office upkeep, phones, IT, etc.
This position is open to remote work but requires an in-office presence 1-2 days per week. Candidates must be within a commutable distance of the office in Madison, WI. Salary between $45,000-$50,000/year, depending on experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package, an energetic work environment, and the chance to associate with passionate board members, staff and advocates committed to clean fresh water.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the title “Finance and Operations Manager Search.” Applications may also be submitted via mail to: Finance and Operations Manager Search, River Alliance of Wisconsin, 345 W. Washington Avenue #304, Madison, WI 53703.
DEADLINE: November 15 , 2021. No calls, please.
River Alliance of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, equitable, and supportive working environment in which everyone is respected for their unique experiences and perspectives.