We’re hiring! | Water Advocates Organizer
Reporting to the executive director, the River Alliance of Wisconsin Water Advocates Organizer mobilizes local, regional and statewide water leaders to advance a forward-thinking water policy agenda. A commitment to clean water for all, and grassroots leadership are musts.
River Alliance of Wisconsin is a statewide nonprofit organization that has empowered people to protect and restore their waters for almost 30 years.
Ideal Educational, Professional and Personal Qualifications:
- Understanding of community organizing principles and experience organizing successful campaigns.
- Builds strong, authentic relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- A quick learner who performs well in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin water and referendum law and policy is a plus.
- Possesses a background, and at least two years of experience, in community organizing, advocacy, or policy.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion principles.
- Willingness to laugh out loud and have fun.
- Organize local water leaders (e.g., watershed and farmer-led groups and local advocates for issues such as metallic mining, and surface and groundwater contamination) across Wisconsin to support strong water policy.
- Coordinate our Clean Water Now county level referendum campaign.
- Represent the River Alliance in coalitions and collaborations with state agencies and allies.
- Collaborate with teammates to advance our goals for the Wisconsin Water Agenda, and our Clear Water Farms program.
This position is full time (32 hours/week) and based in Madison, WI. Due to COVID-19, the ability to work remotely is required and there is access to a shared office space in Madison. Salary between $50,000-$55,000/year, depending on experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package, an energetic work environment, and the chance to associate with passionate board members, staff and advocates committed to clean fresh water.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the title “Water Advocates Organizer Search.” Applications may also be submitted via mail to: Water Advocates Organizer Search, River Alliance of Wisconsin, 345 W. Washington Avenue #304, Madison, WI 53703.
DEADLINE: June 11, 2021, or until the position is filled.
No calls, please.
River Alliance of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, equitable, and supportive working environment in which everyone is respected for their unique experiences and perspectives.